Angela Plassmann, who is challenging incumbent Bob Reckman for the Ward 3 City Council seat, issued this press release today:
For Immediate Release
From: Angela Plassmann, Ward 3 City Council Candidate
Re: Ward 3 Forum for City Councilor Candidates, October 19, 7-9pm, Bridge Street School
I would like to state I am and always have been willing and very interested in discussing the issues that face the residents of Ward 3. Accordingly, I wanted to take some time to develop a public forum that is fair and transparent for all.
That said, I am looking forward to being part of the Ward 3 forum on October 19 at Bridge Street School from 7-9pm to discuss with Mr. Reckman the following issues:
I would like to thank everyone involved for the time, energy and concern it has taken to create an arena for community discussion. I look forward with anticipation to a full and vigorous debate at the Ward 3 forum.
- Impact of infill and densification on our neighborhoods and our wetlands
- Lack of implementation of goals set by the Best Practices Committee
- Fairness, accuracy and transparency in formulation of the Northampton landfill ballot question
- Transportation, road conditions and traffic
- I-91 Exit 19 process and concerns
- Protecting Bridge Street School
- Discussing why a Proposition 2 1/2 override became necessary in the first place, and what will be done differently in the future
- Island Road traffic concerns
- Crime, safety and drugs in our neighborhood
- Proactive stewardship recommendations for private property in the meadows
- Maintenance and health conditions in Ward 3 Public Housing
Angela Plassmann, Candidate for Ward 3 City Councilor
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
We are publishing this information for the purpose of voter education. NSNA does not endorse individual political candidates for office.